Welcome to John Academy
We respect our students’ right to privacy and strive to meet the diverse needs of our students through the implementation of access policies. We value our students and are committed to protecting and respecting their privacy by any means necessary.
For the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is John Academy LLC, 40 Wall St, 28th Floor, New York 10005 United States.
WHAT WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect, store, and process the following information about you:
• Personally identifiable information such as your name, contact information, email address, and phone numbers.
• Demographic data such as postcodes, preferences, hobbies, interests, credit card information, etc.
• Information regarding your computer, IP address, browser type, operating system, etc.
• Other information relevant to customer surveys, reviews, or offers.
Please note that you are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the information you submit to John Academy. Incorrect or false information may affect your eligibility to use the Site, the information you receive when using the site, and our capability to reach you.
We collect your information through various ways such as when you register yourselves with our website, request any information, and participate in surveys, promotions, or any other feature of this website.
Furthermore, your information might also be collected by using standard online collection methods such as web browser cookies and other standard tools. We also receive information via third parties such as social media websites that you maybe be connected to (Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
WHAT WE USE YOUR DATA FOR
We may use the information contained or collected about you in the following ways:
• To accomplish our obligations under any contract with you.
• To respond to your requests or any inquiries.
• We may use the information to develop our products and services
• To fulfil and render the services requested by you.
• To comply with our legal obligations or administer our website.
• To operate our site and precisely deliver our services.
• To ensure course content is presented effectively and is easily accessible from your computer, mobile and tablet.
• We may usually send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, including the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we consider you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• To carry out marketing and business development, from time to time.
• We may use the information to customize the website according to your concerns/suggestions.
• To carry out our obligations resulting from any contracts filed between us.
• To allow you to partake in interactive features of our service whenever you choose to do so.
• To notify you about any modifications or changes to our products/service/ procedures/rules.
• In some cases, we may process your personal information for marketing purposes (only if your consent is given).
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
• We may disclose your personal information or data to any of our employees, officers, agents, insurers, professional advisers, and suppliers, so that they may help us provide an improved service for you.
• If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our policy and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of John Academy, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• We may disclose your proficiency score and progress to your employer or any affiliate organization through which you have purchased or obtained access to the Site.
• We may use aggregated information about our users in press releases relating to John Academy or for similar purposes. If we do this, it will be done in a way that neither you nor any other users are identifiable.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information provided by you might be used for different purposes, as explained above. Please note that when we collect information for particular purposes such as promotional proposals and marketing campaigns, an ‘opt-out’ option would be available depending on different circumstances. An opt-out option implies that you do not wish to be sent any information regarding promotional offers or proposals and any other marketing campaigns and product information. If you have opted for the opt-out option, you may not be able to benefit from all the features of the website. Besides, if you have previously agreed for us to use your personal information for such communication purposes, you have the option to change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of your personal information for a small fee ($10) payable which we hold under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like to have a copy of the information held on you, please write to:
John Academy LLC, 40 Wall St, 28th Floor, New York 10005 United States.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please write to or e-mail us as soon as possible, at the address mentioned above.
SECURITY OF THE INFORMATION
John Academy believes in protecting your privacy and adopts specific standard security measures to ensure your information is secure. We have successfully installed suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and prevent any unauthorized access or disclosure. However, please note that we cannot provide a guarantee or promise the security of the information since the internet is a public place. To the fullest extent authorized by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damage, loss, liability or any cost you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorized access, misuse or change of any information you submit to this website.
We will take into account reasonable technical and operational security measures to shield the information that we hold about you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not entirely secure. Although we will make every effort to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmitted data; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have collected your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
If you receive or we provide a password which allows you to access the Materials, it is your duty to keep this password confidential. We suggest that you do not share this password with anyone.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may receive information regarding your computer, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, if necessary, for system administration and to collect aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not recognize any individual.
For the same purpose, we may gather information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. Cookies are small files stored on your computer’s hard drive. They can be used to gather, store, and share data about your actions across websites, including John Academy.
Generally, cookies contain information that is transmitted to your computer’s hard drive. They assist us in developing our site and delivering a more reliable and personalized service. They allow us to:
• Evaluate our audience size and usage pattern.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to the Materials.
• Store information about your preferences, and enable us to customize our site according to your interests.
[Please note that our system will automatically issue cookies when you log on to our site unless you have customized your browser setting for cookies refusal. You may refuse to accept cookies by merely configuring the settings on your browser, which enables you to reject the setting of cookies. However, if you decide to decline cookies, you may be unable to access specific sections of our site or your use of the site may be limited.]
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Please note that if we make any material changes, we will take reasonable actions to inform you in advance of the planned change.
If a provision of this policy is determined by a court or other competent authority to be unenforceable, the other provisions of this policy will continue in effect.